As a member of the Boey Honors program you'll gain unique experiences and opportunities that will enrich your college experience and beyond. You will receive various recognition, awards and notations upon completion of the pillars.
Once you have been accepted into the program, you'll attend a ceremony of induction and receive a membership pin. Once inducted, you are able to work towards the completion of the pillars.
We strive to provide you with the knowledge, resources and tools needed to become successful scholars, leaders and servers in our community.
- Recognition of scholarly achievements
- Cultural competence and engagement
- Academic support and resources
- Networking and relationship building
- Professional and leadership development
To get the most out of the program, successful members will work closely with our team so that the program can actively meet your needs. You should seek opportunities to better your professional experience and connect with networks of diverse individuals and communities. You should represent your culture and background positively.
Program academic eligibility requirements:
- Enrolled as an NIU undergraduate student
- Good standing with Student Conduct
- NIU GPA of 3.0 or higher
- If you are a transfer student, you must have a 3.0 from your previous institution
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Grades will be checked at the end of every semester to verify requirement
- Actively fulfill the program pillar requirements
- Academic Achievement
- Cultural Education
- Service and Community
- Attend monthly Boey Honors Program meetings
- Meetings serve as an opportunity to create a solid community and to share information and present pillar projects
To complete the online application, be prepared to provide the following information:
- Tell us about your academic goals and why you wish to join the Boey Honors Program.
- What do you wish to gain from being a member of the Boey Honors Program?
- How will the completion of the pillars you selected help you reach your academic goals and benefit you as a student?
- Is there anything else you wish for us to know?
You will need to provide the name, title, and email of a professional reference. Examples of professional references include:
- Teaching Assistants.
- NIU faculty or staff members.
- Professional individuals.
- Faculty Advisors.
Please include a resume of involvement since the start of NIU college career. Be sure to include the following:
- Academic honors.
- Leadership awards.
- Community service involvement.
- Extracurricular involvement within and outside of NIU.